There are 3 roads : Nakhon Nok Road : It runs along the edge of the lake, and the name of the road comes from the words "outside the city wall".
Nakhon Nok Road : Is a road for travelling within the city and later on it connected with the 3rd route, Kao Hong Road that is used for the celebration of the City Pillar Shrine.
Later, it became known by another name, Nang Ngam Road. At present, Thesr 3 routes have preserved the original identity that includes rows of ancient Chinese wooden houses and classic Sino-Portuguese architecture mixed together in harmony. These comprise house, Thai sweet shops, restaurants, barber shop, ice work, rice mills, coffee shop, bicycle repair shop, antique shop, etc. All of which reflect the history and value that has not deteriorated.
Tales to Be Told
Why did Nang Ngam Road Become Famous
After the administrative system was changed in 1932, there was a nationwide celebration in Siam and Songkhla. In addition to joyful entertainment, there was the first Miss Songkhla beauty contest.
The results showed that a beautiful girl from Nang Ngam Road or originally Kao Hong Road named Miss Nong yao (Daeng) Bunyasiwa, daughter of Mr. Hong and Mrs. Hua Bunyasiwa was chosen as the first Miss Songkhla. The people of Songkhla therefore called called Kao Hong Road by the new name of Nang Ngam Road.